Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Custom Search

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

2008 PHIL BAR EXAMS RESULT ON APRIL 3



The most awaited result is soon to be out. Yes, isang tulog na lang and I will find out if I made it or not!!!

Six months ago I was in Manila for this exam. Four Sundays of September, 8 hours of writing, as in hand-writing... Four Sundays where you have nothing to do but to sit, read and write. Trying to digest the lengthy and horrendous question, hoping to nail down every question to impress the Examiner who will be checking the booklet...

After the First Sunday - I and Jessica went to Saisaki in Manila. The adrenalin was high as Political and Labor Law was not that bad. I mean, it was bad but not too bad. Monday morning we had full body massage.......... (Oh, I miss it now!)

Come Second & Third Sunday where I face the killer subject TAXATION!!! I hope hindi ako ma-DQ dito. After Taxation, I saw one examinee crying and disappointed and ayaw ng ituloy ang exam... Bagsak na din daw naman siya why struggle pa?!! I feel bad for her but I have to finish the exam. One more Sunday and it will be over. Besides, mas walang chance to pass If I will not complete the 4 Sundays. Saka, I paid $1,500 for my plane ticket back to Pinas, away from home for 4 months, plus all the other food and accommodation expenses - NO, walang atrasan to. Pumasa man o PUMASA!!!!

Fourth Sunday, the last day of that extensive exam --- REMEDIAL LAW in the morning and ETHICS in the afternoon.... Mahirap, yet so rewarding. I couldn't explain the feeling when I was writing my last sentence in ETHICS (Deed of Donation ata yung sinusulat ko?) at ng aking itatarak ang huling "." period sign - - - I said to myself "This is it!!!" I successfully finished the exam.... I savor every moment when I was handing my paper to the proctor. On my way out I can hear the cheering, and laughter. Buhusan ng beer. Oh my, had teary eyes.

Yeah, I was extremely happy because I was able to finish the exam. Year 2006 kasi I was a BAR candidate, unfortunately 2 days before the exam I was brought to Manila Doctors and was confined for 11 days. Grade IV Dengue Fever...

Tomorrow is the end of the agony of waiting if pumasa ba o hindi... If I pass, I will immediately book a flight back to Manila to attend the oath taking. This time with my husband na. If NOT then, goodbye lawyering - because I don't have any plan of taking the exam again. Long overdue na ang Clinicals ko. I'll be an R.N. for sure.

2008 BARRISTERS - Goodluck!!!!!!!!!!!

Supreme Court News Flash:

http://sc.judiciary.gov.ph/news/courtnews%20flash/2009/04/04010901.php

Results of 2008 Bar Exams Released On April 3

Posted: April 1, 2009
By Annie Rose A. Laborte

The results of the 2008 Bar examinations will be released by the Supreme Court En Banc this Friday, April 3. The SC Justices will meet at 9 a.m. that day to deliberate on the passing percentage.

Justice Dante O. Tinga, Chairperson of the 2008 Committee on Bar Examinations, said the list of the names will be displayed in LCD projectors to be strategically displayed at the Supreme Court front yard near its Padre Faura entrance. The results can be viewed simultaneously at sc.judiciary.gov.ph, the official website of the High Court.

Figures from the Office of the Bar Confidant headed by Deputy Clerk of Court and Bar Confidant Atty. Ma. Cristina B. Layusa showed a total of record 6,364 law graduates from 109 law schools nationwide took and finished the exams held on September 7, 14, 21, and 28, 2008 at the De La Salle University in Taft Avenue, Manila.

A total of 6,550 law graduates have filed their petitions to take the 2008 Bar exams; a record 6,533 were admitted. The number decreased to still a record 6,364 after 158 examinees absented themselves from the tests during the first Sunday, while others have dropped out even during the four Sunday spread. Only 6,364 were able to finish up to the fourth Sunday of the exams, Atty. Layusa said.

The Rules of Court provide that “a candidate may be deemed to have passed his examination successfully if he has obtained a general average of 75% in all subjects without falling below 50% in any subject.” In determining the average, subjects in the examinations are given the following relative weights: Political and International Law, 15%; Labor and Social Legislation, 10%; Civil Law, 15%; Taxation, 10%; Mercantile Law, 15%; Criminal Law, 10%; Remedial Law, 20%; and Legal Ethics and Practical Exercises, 5%, for a total of 100%.


It's time to pull-out the Manila Bulletin issued a week before the first Sunday of September 2008.


No comments:

Please Sign Up Here...