Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Custom Search

Friday, July 11, 2008

91 Days Apart

July 7, 2008

Crammmmming! That’s normal for me. Just as usual, I am not yet done packing my luggage. I should not exceed the baggage weight limit, but when I weigh my luggage its 90lbs….. Yes, 20lbs heavier. So I have to unpack and repack over and over again. Hard to decide which one to keep and bring it home (“home? You are home hon, this is your home” – oh yeah!) But what I mean is “mauli ako sa harong” and harong means home – the usual translation barrier….

When I booked my flight 3 months ago, I was so excited! Excited and happy that soon I will be with ‘home’ with friends and family though a bit skeptical of the barex (Whew, a Tom will always say “hon, your priority is the barex”) and the COST $$$ involve.

Most of my officemates would say “What, you’ll be gone for 3 months alone? Your husband seems to be a nice guy huh…” Then I would say, “I wouldn’t be out there for vacation. I have to be there for the barex.” Well, yeah!

So, the day before my flight is one of the worst days in my life. I do feel Tom’s sadness that even him said that “honestly hon, I don’t want you to go ….(pause)…… but what can I do. You have to take the bar. Just let me know if you change your mind.”……….. See, it’s hard to leave alone. The guilt feeling rushed into my adrenalin, but again, I have to do this.

This is the first time in our 2 year marriage that we will be apart for 3 months. Nah, I hate to say this but boy, I love him that much!

So goodnight folks and join me in this 91 days apart…

No comments:

Please Sign Up Here...