RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Custom Search

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Working on my Green Card Renewal

Biometrics done today at the USCIS service center in Elizabeth City. My temporary Green Card expired last month, and was given a 1 year extension while my application for the 10 year GC is underway.

By April next year, I would be eligible to apply for US Citizenship - but hold on, do I really want to renounce my current citizenship?!!! Why not? I guess, its high time for me to do a research of the pros and cons, of maintaining my Filipino Citizenship or to become a naturalized US citizen.

After a series of finger printing, simple Q&A and photo-shoot, I believe it was a success as I wasn't involve in any legal issues that would warrant a denial to my year Green Card, and eventually a citizenship.

Anyone needs help on US Immigration - feel free to ask. I will try to help. Won't charge you a penny... You don't need an Immigration Lawyer, unless you have a complex case that needs to be represented.


chubskulit said...

Pagbalik mi dyan sa States, baka mag apply na din ako for citizenship... I was not able to do it here in Korea, mas pasil kuta digdi kaso harayoon man pasiring sa Seoul hehehe.. Dai lamang kamo mauli sa Pinas? Naga banta na naman baga ang Mayon...

By the way,I am trying to generate some support for our daughter. I entered her into a Smile Contest, so if you could please vote for her (just once), the contest runs until October 31st. Your vote would be so much appreciated. To cast your vote, please go to this link. Please look for Jillian Rylie Cottrill. Thank you very much for your help!

Marizylle said...

Kumusta na, medyo haloy akong dai nakabisita digdi. Pero nasa Facebook ako pirmi. Aram mo man sana baga ang yahoo messenger ko, walat ka lang message duman ta pirmi ito online. Ingat kamo dyan. 2011 pa gayod ako mauli ta kakauli ko lang last year.

Phil said...

Green Card Renewal is an important process for Lawful Permanent Residents. Once a Green Card has been issued, Lawful Permanent Residents do not need to do anything else to extend or ensure their status in the U.S. However, the current green cards are valid for a period of 10 years only.

Please Sign Up Here...